Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thanks for My Birthday Surprises!

I want to thank everyone who surprised me for my birthday today!
(I had quite a few nice surprises from students & teachers, so thank you very much!)

The students in 5C had a little party for me with waffles & strawberries & they had all prepared home-made birthday cards which were very neat. Other grade levels made me a cake, one brought me lunch, one played a trick on me, one gave me flowers & a really BIG card, so I had a really fun day filled with all kinds of goodies. Thank you, thank you for your thoughtfulness!
You reminded me how much fun birthdays are supposed to be!

We had a great turn-out at our school social last week & it was good to see all of the visiting going on among our families.

This week all the principals in CISD came to Denton Creek for a meeting & several of our sagacious students had an opportunity to show off their vocabulary skills which was very impressive. KUDOS to Max, Almira, Michael, Paige, Mihir, Maddy, Shane, Dylan, Seth, & Nathan for being such great ambassadors & sesquipedalians! You guys rock & truly impressed our visitors. You always make me very proud...thanks!

Next week is our annual Grandparent's Tea on Friday, October 1st, & we are looking forward to having your grandparents & special friends join us for our big event.

I am going to start posing some questions on my blog that I hope will generate some dialogue so that this is more interactive & not just me writing to myself!

I would like to know what your favorite things are about Denton Creek.

What are the best things about our school? Please write & let me know.

Also, I hope you will remember to check out our bookfair next week.

Thanks again for making my birthday such a special one! I am one lucky principal!

-Mr. Mac

2 comments:

  1. I think one of the best things about Denton Creek Elementary is the willingness of the staff to try new ideas and strategies in the classroom.

    I really appreciate the enthusiam for learning that is modeled by the all of the DCE staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teachers, especially the kindergarten ones! :) The amazing kids, supportive parents, supportive teachers and administrators and friends - they all make DCE special!

    ReplyDelete